Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Intersection


Why am I continually surprised by these things? Of course the people in X and The Replacements would know each other. But John Doe might be uniquely qualified to deliver this song, one of Paul Westerberg's finest laments for lost moments and blown chances. I usually think of "Skyway" when I'm beset by winter, but this tune has been on my mind a lot today.

A drinking buddy HAS moved on "to another town"; a year ago, we all gathered at his place to watch the Super Bowl.  Now he's on another coast. At least we had a year's stopover in Omaha to share before he left again.

1 comment:

  1. I usually think of this song in the fall, the whole change of seasons thing. One of my favorite of the Replacements songs, I'm also a big fan of John, not so much a fan of John doing Replacements songs. That's just me though.

    ReplyDelete